Booktalk: Onyx by Jennifer L Armentrout (lux series book 2)

Booktalk: Onyx by Jennifer L Armentrout (Lux series book 2)



Title: Onyx
Author: Jennifer L Armentrout
Publisher: Enchanted Teens
Page count: 366



Goodreads synopsis:

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

Warning this review is FULL of spoilers.

So this whole book starts off with this whole connection thing. I was sure something was going to happen because something had to come out of that huge Katie Daemon shindig thing. 

I thought that Katie would not change into a Luxen because that just doesn't seems realistic or good for the book but I didn't think she would become a mutated human! Especially one who could potentially be stronger than Luxen!

When Blake came into the picture I started to think he wouldn't be much trouble and he would only be used to make Daemon jealous and then he would leave the story but when he started getting shifty -just after she stopped that branch, because he didn't really freak out about it- I thought something was up and it was when he confessed that he was there to help that I really didn't trust him.

When we actually find out that Blake is not who he says he is then it all makes sense and even though they didn't kill him in the end I think he does die because he didn't capture Katie or Daemon so they are going to kill Chris so that means their connection will kill them both.

When we do find out that Blake is evil is the time when Dee comes back into the story. I would've liked it more if Dee was in this book more because I really liked reading about her and Katie and I wonder why they couldn't just tell Dee. Even though it would put Dee in danger and that's what neither of them want, Katie can now stick up for herself so they aren't now in that much danger.

When Dee does actually find out is when she comes to save Katie. That was a really cute scene because Dee trusted Katie and so did Adam so they risked their lives for her. It was really nice to see that Dee could tell something was wrong and wouldn't believe that Katie would say that.

When Adam died I was really sad. It was half because I liked his character and the other half was because of Dee because her and Adam get really close in this book and it's really sad to see him go. I am dreading Ash's and Andrew's reaction in Opal because they're sure to blame Katie and I really do not like it when they do that not only because I hate Ash and Andrew for obvious reasons, but it really doesn't add to the story in any way.

When Will comes to Katie's school I was almost screaming GET OUT DO NOT FOLLOW HIM HE IS ARUM. Obviously he wasn't arum but anyway. I knew there was something wrong with him since when he kissed her mum and looked straight at her whilst doing so. That was just gross and creepy and ugh.

So when we find out what he wants her for I'm just sitting there like, 'How on earth is Jennifer going to solve this' and even though the way she did was a little bit off, it still worked really well.

We don't know for sure what will happen to Will but I do not think that he will die because he could give himself that serum stuff that Katie was given to ensure that she stays alive through the mutation process so either he stays alive and it does work and he has the connection or he stays alive and it doesn't work.

So finally we come to the bit where Dawson makes his appearance and he doesn't seem to remember them or something like that and I was just like....ah come on give me a break but it did make me really excited for Opal!

Overall I thought this book was amazing and I cannot wait to start Opal! 5/5 stars!

Buy Onyx from Amazon!

You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts