Booktalk: Opposition by Jennifer L Armentrout

Booktalk: Opposition by Jennifer L Armentrout (LUX #5)

Title: Opposition
Author: Jennifer L Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Page Count: 534

Goodreads Synopsis:

Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.

She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.

They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.

This booktalk is long over due because I have been dreading making this booktalk because I hate to admit that this series is over...


I enjoyed this book so, so much and it was an amazing ending that was both action packed yet incredibly sweet and cute. Obviously I gave this book 5/5 stars like the rest of this series and I wish this was a 10 book series because I would read it religiously.

Jennifer L Armentrout's books are packed with action and romance that is to die for and this book was no let down.


Warning this review is FULL of spoilers.

The book starts with Daemon being sucked into going with the other Luxen and leaving with Dawson and Dee, first of all, every single time Katy is without Daemon I have Daemon and Katy withdrawal with they are so cute, anyway, so Katy wants to go out and get Daemon back but Archer says no but then they go to the supermarket and that's when DAWSON BASICALLY WHOOPS KATY.

When they get to Daemon and he's acting so cold to her I was so sad but I knew that he didn't just stop loving her so when we finally find that out in his perspective I was so happy when they finally got back together.

That Sadi girl in this book made me SO ANGRY. She was flirting with Daemon and he was going for it (even though he didn't mean it still made me want to cry) so when Katy and her have a fight in the bathroom I was so happy that she scratched her face and that Daemon came in and I just couldn't stop laughing.

That's the amazing thing about Jennifer L Armentout, she is so funny and its so nice to read a book that actually has a realistic main character even if this is a book about aliens...

Back to Sadi, we find that she is an Origin and she knew that Daemon and Dawson were faking being under the 'spell' so when that huge fight happened in the car I was so happy and Katy was so awesome it just made me remember all the times in all the other books and I was just so 

I was really glad that Daemon and Dawson were not really under the spell because if they were it would just get really complicated and less Daemon and Katy time but when Dee was still under the spell SHE WAS SO NASTY OMG. She was threatening to kill Katy and push her down the stairs and when they get help from the arum and she attacks and makes a katy sized hole in the wall and finally is nice again.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Arum in this book because I really liked Hunter and the other and I was really sad when his house got wrecked.

Nancy was under Luc's control because he had control of the Origins that she loved so she was co-operative for a while but then she gets out but that didn't last long but Nancy was a really weird character in my opinion 

So in the last 100 or so pages I was so incredibly emotional because:

A) It was so close to ending
B) SO SAD

Katy goes back to see her mum and everything seems fine and everything is okay when she sees her mum but no...shes an alien....like really give her a break. I knew something would be wrong but I wouldn't stop crying because Katy loved and missed her mom so much and she had been such a big part of this series all the way through and the way Katy reacted just broke my heart.

So we're getting to the end of the book, all is well and we know that Katy and Daemon are no longer connected so if one of them dies the other one will not (which is both good and bad at the same time) and then...Daemon gets shot.



 I start crying again.

I knew that this was not how Opposition would end because that would just be cruel and this is not Allegiant.

So Daemon is fine (THANK GOD) And then comes the super cute ending with Dawson and Beth's baby Ashley and Katy and Daemon go to college together and Katy gets her blog back and the ending of this book is probably one of the best ending I've ever read and thus the LUX series was over.

This book was overall amazing. I will never forget this series no matter how many books I read in the future because this is my favourite series for so many reasons so I beg you, PLEASE RECOMMEND THESE BOOK TO EVERYONE.

That's all for this weeks booktalk! I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you again next week!

Happy Reading!

Lily x


Twitter                                                                                                                                      Goodreads

You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts