Review: Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon

Title: Everything Everything
Author: Nicola Yoon
Publishers: Delacorte Books
Page Count: 320

Goodreads Synopsis:
My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.


Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.

I received a review copy for Everything Everything from the publishers through Netgalley




As soon as I heard the synopsis of Everything Everything I knew I had to have it and when I saw it on Netgalley I got my hands on it as fast as I could.

I liked this book very much. Everything Everything has such a unique storyline and it was fascinating seeing how an author could create a romance or relationship from something that would literally restrict or destroy ANY kind of relationship.

The disease in this book is really interesting and I had a fun time reading about it but at the same time it was less than I expected. I expected this book to go into at least a little more detail or clear a few things up about her disease because throughout the book I was suspicious of how everything worked in this book because somethings just didn't add up and I admit, the ending of this book would not be the same if it weren't for this, but that would have maybe made me bump this book up a star.

I enjoyed the interactions that Maddy had with the only people she ever sees in her life. I loved her relationship with her mother and I think this was particularly because I could relate to her very much. Her relationship with her mother really made this book come to life for me and made it feel a little more realistic despite having a main character who is allergic to everything. I loved Maddy's nurse Carla throughout this book because I feel like she made this story less depressing and enjoyable.

As for Olly, I do not as of right now know how I feel about Olly. I admired the way he treated Maddy and how he felt towards her but I don't know if I like him as a person individually which in this case is just my personal preference.

At the end of this book there is a HUMONGOUS plot twist that just blew me away so so SO much! I kept thinking whilst reading this book how it was going to end and this was totally not how I expected it to. I think the ending was well thought out and a good ending but again I would just like a bit more clarification for it and I would've liked it if there was a little more book left after that happened so that things could be cleared up.

Overall I liked Everything Everything so I gave it:

 4/5 stars

That's all for this review, I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you again soon!

Happy Reading!

Lily x


Twitter                                                                                                                                      Goodreads

You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts