Booktalk: Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

Booktalk: Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover


Title: Maybe Someday
Author: Colleen Hoover
Publisher: Alita Books
Page Count: 367

Goodreads Synopsis:

At twenty-two years old, Sydney has a great life: She's in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her best friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers Hunter's cheating on her--and she is left trying to decide what to do next.

Sydney becomes captivated by Ridge, her mysterious neighbour. She can't take her eyes off him or stop listening to the passionate way he plays his guitar every evening out on his balcony. And there's something about Sydney that Ridge can't ignore, either. When their inevitable encounter happens, they soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one...


Even before I started this book I had heard so many people say 'You connect with one of Colleen Hoover's books more than the others' and even though this is my first Colleen Hoover book I think I already know which book I connected to. I didn't just connect to this book, it got a hook and attached itself to my heart, this book was amazing and I just...


I gave Maybe Someday 5/5 stars because it was just amazing and I am so super excited to try some more of Colleen Hoover's books!

Warning this review is FULL of spoilers


So Sydney is slapping her best friend. Well done Colleen Hoover for the best first sentence ever.

Anyway, she's slapping Tori and I thought this was such a good way to start a book and then she went back to two weeks earlier to when she starts to talk to Ridge. As soon as we find out that Ridge plays the guitar I was so happy I loved him instantly because I don't know it just did.

When they were texting I really liked their dialogue so I was really excited to see them talk in person.

I did not expect Ridge to be deaf...

I was shocked to hear that he was deaf and confused to start off but I loved how they actually communicated and it made so much sense why this was relevant to the story and IT WAS FANTASTIC.

I thought it was hilarious how Bridgette thought that Sydney was deaf and started speaking to her as if she was and I enjoyed all the side characters especially Bridgette and Warren because Bridgette was just hilarious and Warren was just amazing I loved Warren.

So we knew all along that Ridge had a girlfriend so when he started feeling Sydney sing I was yelling (in my head) 'NO RIDGE STOP IT'S NOT FAIR.' but he did it anyway and that made me kind of mad because I knew it was all going to blow up in their faces but all I could do was sit there and watch it happen.

When Syndey first meets Maggie I kind of liked the fact that they became friends and I kind of didn't because I knew it wouldn't end well but I hoped they could be friends by the end of the book but I knew it was pretty likely that that wasn't going to happen.

So stuff starts to get serious just after Warren's birthday party when Sydney and Maggie get really drunk but there is that moment where Maggie is like 'Your bra is really cute...Let's go and show Ridge!' I couldn't stop laughing and cringing in this moment because it was just priceless but then the book took an unexpected turn when Sydney found Maggie in the bathroom having some kind of medical issue and I knew this was where everything just went crazy.

Ridge asks her to move out and that's when the sad feels came because I knew the logic behind it but I thought it was cruel and sad. When Maggie turns out okay I was just thinking, how is this going to work out? Obviously it has to end with Sydney being with Ridge but there was all this stuff about him never leaving Maggie.

I then began to see why Colleen Hoover made them communicate by texting and messaging because when Maggie read their messages it just made so much sense. 

I had no idea that Maggie would break up with Ridge not because of Sydney but because of how he 'loves her illness not her' and it just struck me how realistic and how true that was and I was so amazed by Colleen Hoover at that moment.

It took Ridge a while to come back to Sydney after that but when he did I was so happy that he gave her time to say when. So then he made that whole concert thing for he to ask her to say when AND THEN SHE SIGNED WHEN


The book ended really well for me and I enjoyed this book so much because it was amazing and so unique, 5/5 stars for sure.

I hope you enjoyed this book talk and I'll see you again in the next one!

Happy Reading!

Lily x



Twitter                                                                                                                                      Goodreads


You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts