Review: Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher

Title: Never Never
Author(s): Colleen Hoover, Tarryn Fisher
Publishers: Hoover Ink
Page Count: 140

Goodreads Synopsis:
Best friends since they could talk. In love since the age of fourteen.
Complete strangers since this morning.
He'll do anything to remember. She'll do anything to forget.










First of all I am going to say that I loved this book. It was a solid four stars throughout most of the book but then the end of it bumped it up to a 4.5 (marked as a 5 on Goodreads) because the ending was just



It was crazy. 

I liked the two main characters in this book even though they were not the most amazing and I felt that sometimes it was just a little case of instalove. The main male character Silas, keeps going on about how he has only just met Charlie but he loves her and wants her. I liked the romance but it still did love this aspect of instalove so if that's something you do not like at all then you may not like this book.


There was no world building in this book which was great because it made this book focused on all that action that was going on all over this book. It was interesting reading this book and finding out about the lives of these two characters at the same time they did.


As I was saying before, I liked the characters. I don't usually do this but whilst I was reading this book there was a part where Charlie is trying to find things out about herself and this was one of the quotes in the book when this was happening:




'My drawers are neat. I must have OCD. I toss around the socks and underwear
to see if I can piss myself off.'

I did find some parts of this book funny but throughout most of it I was just really intrigued. This book is not amazing for it's writing or amazingly original plot line, I liked it because I hadn't read anything like it (even though there are books out there that are similar) and it was just fun and exciting to read from these characters perspectives.

The ending of this book positively killed me because it was kind of a cliffhanger but I really want to know what is going on with all these characters and just the plot in general!

I hope you enjoyed this review and I'll see you again next time!

Happy Reading!

Lily x


Twitter                                                                                                                                      Goodreads


You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Great review, Lily! I only read one book by Colleen Hoover - Hopeless - and absolutely loved it! So I def want to read more of her books and this one is on that list! I like how well wwritten and unique it sounds, and the ending sounds like a killer, too, which I both love and hate >.< I suppose that means there will be a sequel? And if not well I'm glad I was warned! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have read only this book and Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover and I loved both of them! I love her writing style and yes the ending is a killer but luckily it does have a sequel coming out in may so that's not too far away but I really enjoyed this book!

      Delete
  2. I am someone who doesn't like insta love too much, but this sounds like it only has a little bit of it. I have never read anything by Colleen Hoover before but seeing all these positive reviews for her books has me so interested! I also think that the synopsis sounds so intriguing. I wonder how they forgot each other (or at least, he did).

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts