Review: Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgings

Title: Sweet Peril
Author: Wendy Higgins
Publishers: Harper Teen
Page count: 371

Goodreads Synopsis:

Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things.

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?



So I really enjoyed the first book in this series and I was really annoyed when I got into a masssssssiiiiiiive reading slump (hence why I haven't been blogging for eternities) whilst reading this book I was so upset but boy let me tell you when I started up on this book again it pulled me STRAIGHT out of my slump!

In this book I was so spurred to read it after the ending of Sweet Evil and it did not disappoint. This book was just as interesting in the first book, maybe a little less but it was totally more action filled and I could see where this series is starting to pick up and make a really strong plot.

The characters in this book were just as amazing in the first book. Anna was a lot more kick butt now that she has really gotten into her powers and started training with her father and I really enjoyed seeing her grow and see her become a more independent female protag. In this book we got to see more of Kope and discover his personality which I did enjoy because I really like Kope as a character and it certainly was interesting to look more into why he is like he is as he is really quite and reserved and of course he is not working like the other Neph. The one character that I do not really like that we got to see more of in this book was Belial. I did like that he was training Anna and I get that she wouldn't have been able to grow in the book without him but I did not like some of the stuff he did in this book, especially to try and drive a wedge between Anna and Kaidan.

I didn't know where the plot was going by the end of the first book as the first book was more romance based, and although this book still has a fair share of romance, in this book we see where the next book will be going and we see more action and a lot more happens. I found the plot so interesting and I really liked the direction the story was pushed in.

The one thing that I did not like in this book was the mini relationship that kind of just randomly started between Kope and Anna. I understand that it was a filler as Kaidan was absent for most of the story but it did annoy me because I knew what the outcome would be and I found myself kind of just skipping the Anna and Kope romantic parts because I thought it was a waste of book.

Overall I really enjoyed this book, it followed on well from the first book and really set me for the third! I gave it: 


5.5/6 Stars

That's all for this review! I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you again soon!
Happy Reading!

Lily x


Twitter                                                                                                                                      Goodreads



You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts