Booktalk: Opal by Jennifer L Armentrout

Booktalk: Opal by Jennifer L Armentrout (Lux #3)

Title: Opal
Author: Jennifer L Armentrout 
Publishers: Entangled Teen
Page count: 382


Goodreads Synopsis:

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.

I loved Opal, I thought it carried on so well to Onyx and again continues to intrigue me, make me laugh and keep me on the edge of my seat!

Warning this review is full of spoilers.

So where can I start with this book! So much happened but lets start with Dawson. When we first meet him when he is at Daemons house I thought that maybe they'd wiped his memory because he wasn't reacting well to his family but when we learn that it was because how the DOD treated him so that made more sense.

It only seemed fitting that in this book we would now try to find Beth because that is what Dawson would want to do so that was pretty obvious but I did not know that Blake would come back. Looking back I should've seen that Blake would come back because the way they let him go would mean that he was not dead and it would be weird if he just disappeared from the story.

I did not think that Blake would be trustworthy in this book because this is the third book in a five book series and if he was trustworthy they would get Beth back, run away and then it would be over and we would have two more books of nothing.

We come to the bit when we find out that Blake was sleeping in Kat's bed when she was sleeping. It was obvious that he still liked Kat and even loved her maybe so I was starting to doubt the idea of him betraying her because if he really felt that strongly for her.

When Carissa was down with the flew, it took me a while to realise that she'd most likely been mutated but when I did I thought this would be really good and I was excited but when she kind of exploded in Kat's room I was sad and I felt sorry for Lesa.

Dee did not help in this situation and she kind of got on my nerves in this book. She was so sure that she could never be friends with Kat again and that would be true because she didn't try. It was not Kat's fault that Adam died because she tried to keep them out so that they were safe but they came in anyway. I also did not like Dee for the fact that she also started to stay away from Lesa as well even though she didn't do anything.

When Dee invited Lesa and Kat (Ash too but ya kno) to go prom dress shopping I was literally shaking with happiness because AH FINALLY! I was so happy that they where friends again because not many books have a focus on friendship. They're all about relationships and action so just being able to read about Dee and Kat having fun together was so nice!

At some point, Kat gets visited by Will and boy was that eventful! So Will has a gun and Kat decides to hit him with the Source instead of trying to disarm him or stop him from shooting her so when he did shoot her I was not shocked but I was scared because if Kat goes then Daemon goes and I love both of them SO I WAS SO SCARED! But they where both fine so yeah...

So they finally start working on getting Beth back and they start by trying to build up a tolerance to the Onyx. Blake already had his tolerance and something confused me about this. Blake was almost totally immune to the Onyx but no one else had any. I would've thought Dawson had some tolerance because he was with the DOD for over a year yet he had none??!???!

They finally go to Mount Weather and try to get Beth back and I knew that something was going to happen whilst they were there because like I said earlier, if something didn't happen then they would get Beth back and the next two books would be nothing.

So when Kat gets captured I was not surprised. I was fine with reading this because I knew that she was going to be captured and I was pretty sure that she wouldn't be without Daemon for too long because Jennifer is not stupid and she knows how to write a book so I was fine... UNTIL DAEMON SAID HE LOVED KAT.

So Daemon FINALLY tells Kat that he loves her and I just burst out into tears because it was so sad! 

The book ends with Kat waking up without Daemon and I was so sad!

This book was really good and I think it tied in well with Onyx and also set up Origin really well. I loved this book and Jennifer L Armentrout never seems to disappoint! 5/5 stars for sure!

I hope you enjoyed reading this review and I'll see you again next time!

Happy Reading!

Lily x



You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts